Egg and Onion Matzo Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsRemarkably easy matzo recipe. Flavorful and crisp, great for your Passover seder or any other time of the year.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon salt (plus more to sprinkle on top, if you'd like)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (sub. margarine)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 tablespoon onion/garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cold milk or water
How to make Egg and Onion Matzo
- Preaheat oven to 475 F
- Mix flour and salt, then cut in butter with your hands, a fork, or a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until a slightly sticky ball forms.
- Divide into baseball-size balls and roll out to 1/16" to 1/32" on a well-floured surface.
- Prick entire surface with a fork or pastry docker. Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired.
- Slide onto heated pizza stone or, if none, place on lightly-greased cookie sheet and bake about 5 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Allow to cool, as they will crisp up, and enjoy!