Beef Caldereta Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 cups and 2 tbsp unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 kg. beef ribs
- 2 pieces small onions, sliced
- 2 8g. MAGGI Magic Sarap
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp. pickle relish
- 1 250ml. tomato sauce
- 1 85g. can liver spread
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pieces medium potatoes, cubed and fried
- 1 piece medium carrots, cubed and fried
How to make Beef Caldereta
- Combine beef, pineapple juice, onions and MAGGI Magic Sarap in a pan. Boil briskly then lower heat. Continue simmering until beef is tender or about 2 hours. Set aside.
- Using a different pan, heat oil then sauté garlic and onions until limp. Add back tenderized beef and broth, bring to a boil.
- Add pickle relish, tomato sauce, liver spread and cheese. Continue simmering until sauce slightly thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fried potatoes and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.