Chicken Congee Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- 1 cup rice
- 1.5 litre of water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1" ginger
- 3 dried scallop for additional flavour (optional),
- 3 chicken drumsticks
- Light soy sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Fried garlics
How to make Chicken Congee
This is a simple dish to prepare, the only drawback is the amount of time needed to cook the congee. Make sure you have a large pot for this, as you will need to add water when it thickens.
- Boil the rice with the water, put in the garlics, ginger, dried scallops drumsticks and 1 tsp of salt. Cook for on high heat, when it comes to a boil, let it simmer on medium low heat for 1hr to 1.5 hr.
- Partially cover the pot with lid, to let the steam escape, do not cover fully, it will overflow.
- Check on the drumsticks after 30mins, if they are cooked, remove them and the meat chunk, as they will be hot, let the meat cools before shredding.
- Put the bones back into the simmering congee to get more flavour.
- When the congee becomes too thick, add more water.
- When serving, add the shredded chicken, a dash of soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper to the bowl.
- Garnish with coriander and fried garlics
Top with pan fried wonton skin pieces for crispness.