Special Scrambled Eggs - Bob's Breakfast Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 6 large eggs
- 250g Smoked Salmon
- 6 tablespoons Milk
- 1oz Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 English Muffins
- Fresh, washed Watercress
- Snowdonia Cheddar
How to make Special Scrambled Eggs - Bob's Breakfast
This is Bob's Birthday Breakfast.
Bob passed away over the new year, so we decided to give him some gifts for his birthday at the beginning of March. My friend cooked this delicious breakfast after the four of us hauled our asses down to the beach at 6 am to throw ashes into the sea, do some singing and drink some champagne.
After this much appreciated breakfast, we went off and burnt some gifts for Bob to enjoy in the afterlife:
Good food, good booze, a horny dancer and pile of dirty lucre.
Anyway, here's the recipe: (Serves 4)
- Start by cutting the smoked salmon into fairly small slivers.
- Slice your english muffins in half and place under the grill on a medium setting until browned. Or just stick them in a toaster, I think that would work.
- Melt half of the butter in a saucepan on a very low heat. Whilst the butter is melting, break all of your eggs into a bowl add a little salt and pepper and lightly whisk it with a fork.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and turn the heat up to medium immediately start mixing with a wooden spoon.
- After about the minute, it should start to solidify. When it's half solid, half liquid add the milk and salmon and continue stirring until all of the liquid has gone.
- Take the pan off the heat, add the rest of the butter and continue stirring for a moment.
- Taste the scrambled eggs to check if it needs any more salt/pepper.
- Laverbread is a local Welsh speciality, made from seaweed laver. We used this to spread across the cut sides of the toasted English muffins. If you don't like the idea of this or can't get hold of it, you could substitute butter. But that's boring.
- Pile up the scrambled egg on one side of the muffin and top with some watercress, place a slice of Snowdonia Cheddar cheese on the other side