Crispy Onion Rings Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- Chopped Onion Rings (The Bigger the Better)
- Corn Starch
- All Purpose Flour
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper
How to make Crispy Onion Rings
Sorry, I don't really have exact measurements for my Onion Rings especially with the batter. But the most important thing in making the rings crispy is to follow these steps.
- Make a Batter using Flour and Corn Starch. For every 1 part corn starch, put in 4 parts flour. Then slowly add lukewarm water and mix until it makes a pancake batter like consistency. (Not too sticky not to runny- don't use hot water for it will cook the flour, and not cold water for it will be harder to mix)
- Dip/coat each onion ring in the batter
- On a separate bowl, prepare pure corn starch. Coat Battered Onions with starch one by one
- After coating with starch, dip again in Flour batter
- Lastly, coat rings with bread crumbs until fully covered and deep fry.
- I find it easier to use chopsticks when coating the rings. Doesn't stick to my hands.
- Season with salt and pepper when already coated with bread crumbs