Kick It Cocoa Krispies Footballs Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 3 tbs. butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., or about 40 marshmallows) – or – 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies
- Canned frosting or decorating gel (I picked up a small tub of cream cheese frosting, along with a cake decorating cone and round tip)
How to make Kick It Cocoa Krispies Footballs
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove form heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted.
2. Add Cocoa Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Cool Slightly. Using buttered hands (so fun!) shape mixture into 3-inch (or smaller) footballs.
4. I recommend shaping them with one side flat, so they can rest on a dish without rolling around, unless you plan on tossing them all in a bowl for serving.
5. After structuring them into their shape, easily place them on wax paper or some other surface they won’t easily stick together when cooling.
6. With your footballs in formation, decoration is simple. As you can see in the photos, decorate one line on each end, a line down the center followed by intersecting “laces”. I found it worked best to try and squeeze on 4-5 laces on each treat.