Delicious Ice Kacang Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsThis dessert can be sweetened to taste, adding more, or less, of the milk mixture and the syrups. Pandan extract simulates the rich flavor of pandanus leaves, widely used in Southeast Asian cooking, and is available, along with the palm seeds and sweetened beans, at pan-Asian stores such as 99 Ranch Market. Rose extract is available in specialty spice shops as well as in Asian markets.
- 50g red beans, cooked till soft
- 50g sweet corn
- 50g lengkong (jelly), cubed
- 50g cendol
- 50g agar-agar strand, cooked
- 50g sago - cooked, add a drop of coloring
- 100g mixed fruit in syrup
- 4 tsp red syrup
- 4 tsp brown syrup
- 2 tsp sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp evaporated condensed milk
- 1 big bowl of shaved ice
How to make Delicious Ice Kacang
- Make red syrup by dissolving sugar in boiling water. Add a knot of pandan leaf. Add red dye (cochineal). To make brown colored syrup, dissolve brown sugar in hot water, add pandan leaf. Strain.
- In a bowl, add a bit of all ingredients. Top generously with shaved ice in a shape of a steep mountain. Spoon some red and brown syrup according to your taste. Pour both types of milk on the iced.