Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsMeat & marinade:
- Beef sirloin, I'd say 1kg of this.
- A whole bulb of garlic, minced finely.
- 3/4 cup of vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Salt, 1 tbspn.
- Same with pepper, 1 tbspn.
- 2 cups of day old rice.
- 5 cloves of garlic (or however you want.)
- Green onions, chopped.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/2 a small onion.
How to make Tapsilog
This is what I grew up eating for breakfast. In the Philippines, they have this thing called [meat]-ilog. I think Ilog means like (rice + egg) ... in some weird way. So this one is a recipe of beef tapa (like cured meat) served with the -ilog style!
This recipe serves two and if theres enough meat, pop in fridge. The more it is soaked in the mixture, the better.
- Put all the ingredients together in the meat marinade mix except the meat in a big container or a ziplock. Mix well, then add meat. Let it marinate for 2 days for best flavour, or 30 minutes if you want to be fast.
- When done marinating, fry the meat in a pan. Set aside.
- Make garlic fried rice in same pan. Fry the garlic first, then onions, then rice, add seasonings and garnish with S&P.
- Serve with an egg of your choice on the side. Usually, we serve it with a side of cucumber or oranges too, but I didn't have any on hand.