Bread Pudding "Mamallena" Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
IngredientsFrench baguette or any loaf bread (white or wheat)
1/3 - 1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 - 1 cup or water
2 tbs vanilla
1 cup raisins (i prefer the dark ones for contrast)
3 tbs sweet red wine
1/2 stick melted unsalted butter (salted if using sweet bread)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
How to make Bread Pudding "Mamallena"
PREHEAT OVEN 375F (30 minutes before baking)
1. Break down the bread with your fingers.
2. Place pieces of bread in glass pyrex or plastic container.
3. Add water, start with 1/2 cup, if you got a heavy bread that's still dry, add more until all bread is wet but no drowning. Cover pyrex with kitchen towel and set aside on room temperature. Set timer for 1 hour at least, no more than 3 hours.
(OPTIONAL) While bread is w/ water you can place raisins with the wine in a little container.
4. Remove kitchen towel. Break more the bread with your fingers, if still dry add a splash more of water and set aside for 30 minutes.
5. Add evaporated milk depending just until bread gets more wet, not drowned.
6. Add sugar and mix with your hand.
7. In another bowl beat eggs until they're all yellowish and has unified, add tbs. of vanilla and mix until is all even. Add to bread mix.
8. Melt butter and add to bread mix, along with raisins and wine. Mix with your hands.
BAKE at 350F
Brush butter or use non stick spray on tin/mold.
If using a regular pyrex bake for 45 minutes, if using muffin tins (WHICH I recommend if everyone loves crust and crispy walls) =D 40 minutes. If like really crispy bake 50 mins to 1 hour, it will be more than a cake than a pudding though =D
Let cool for 15 minutes at least before serving.
(It's good for at least 4 days). Refrigerate.
Serve at room temperature or warm in microwave. Serve w/ glass of milk!