Green Tea Tiramisu Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup white sugar, divided
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 24-26 lady finger biscuits
- 1 tbsp fine green tea (macha) powder, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 cup water
makes one 8x8inch dish
How to make Green Tea Tiramisu
- To make syrup, boil water in small saucepan and dissolve 1/4 cup sugar. Remove from heat and slowly whisk into a shallow dish containing the green powder.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg yolks with vanilla and the other 1/4 cup of sugar until light yellow. Fold in the mascarpone cheese until smooth and evenly mixed.
- Arrange biscuits in one single layer on the bottom of a 8x8 baking dish. Pour half of the green tea syrup over the biscuits and tilt the dish to soak all the biscuits.
- Spread half the mascarpone mixture over the biscuits.
- Dip the remaining biscuits in the syrup and arrange on top of the mascarpone mixture. Spread the remaining cheese on top.
- Lay a piece of saran wrap directly on top of cheese to wrap tightly and chill in fridge overnight.
- Dust with generous amount of green tea powder right before serving.