Madeira birthday cake Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- 400g butter
- 400g caster sugar
- 8 eggs
- 300g plain flour
- 95g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp milk
How to make Madeira birthday cake
For a 25cm round tin (or a 22cm square tin)
Baking time 1hr 35 mins at 160°.
- Preheat oven. Grease the tin and line the base.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a large bowl and fold in the sifted flours, stir in milk.
- Spoon into the tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake, test the cake towards the end of the cooking time.
- A skewer inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Cool for 5 mins before turning out onto the wire rack.