- Chop the pears coarsly - I used Conference and Red Anjou pears
- Fry the chopped onion, garlic and ginger lightly in a large pan.
- Add half of the chopped pears with the rest of the ingredients to the onion/ginger mixture in the pan.
- Bring to boil under lid on high heat and then keep it simmering on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Then mix in the rest of the pears and keep simmering for another 30 minutes.
- The chutney should now be think and nice. If not - remove the lid and cook until it thickens.
- Adjust taste with salt and vinegar.
This becomes a small batch of a mild, sweet chutney - perfect together with a hard cheese or a nice spicy piece of meat, preferably lamb.