- 6 ripe peaches or nectarines halved and stones removed.
- 4 heaped teaspoons of demerera sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, scored lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
the oven to 180 *C/350*F/gas 4.
- Put peaches in a saucepan with the
demerera sugar, the vanilla seeds and 4 tablespoons of water. Simmer for
5 mins and then place into a well-greased and lightly floured ovenproof
dish or bowl.
- Beat together the butter, caster
sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, mix thoroughly
and spread over the peaches.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with ice-cream.