- 2 vine-ripened or organic tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Fresh baby spinach leaves
- Beef balls or sliced Chorizo sausage
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup mushrooms
- Black olives
- Pinch of caster sugar
- Cooked pasta
- Parmesan cheese, grated
Beef balls ingredients:
- 500g lean mince beef
- 1/2 tbs coriander, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1/2 tbs light soy sauce
- 5 eggs
1. Chop tomatoes in half, place cut-side up on baking tray and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle salt/pepper.
2. Bake tomatoes at 180c for 20 mins.
3. Remove skin from tomatoes and chop roughly. Mix in bowl with olive oil, chillies, olives, garlic, basil, sugar, salt, pepper. Set aside for half an hour (do step 4 in the meantime).
4. Cook beefballs (or Chorizo sausage), onion, mushrooms. Combine with pasta sauce in bowl, add fresh spinach leaves.
5. Spoon sauce over cooked pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese and sprinkle pepper on top.