1) 170 ml coconut milk
2) 9 eggs whites
3) 1 rounded teaspoon cream of Tartar
4) 2 tbsp screw pine juice from 12 screw pines leaves
5) 8 eggs yolks
6) 255g castor sugar
7) 170 ml corn oil
8) 1 tsp vanilla essence
9) 140g ‘Softasilk” flour
10) 2 heaped tsp baking powder
11) 1/2 tsp fine salt
12) 1 tbsp food ‘green’ colouring
1) Preheat oven to 170*C (350*F)
2) Cook coconut milk over low heat till it boils and thickens like cream, stirring all the time. Set aside.
3) Beat eggs white till frosty, sieve the cream of tartar on to egg white and continue beating till very stiff but not dry. Set aside.
4) Combine A in a bowl and beat lightly.
5) Put flour in a mixing bowl. Make a well in centre, and pour in A. Bring in flour from sides and beat with batter beater till smooth.
6) Add the screw pine juice, green food colouring and coconut cream.
7) Fold in one-third of the egg white to the egg mixture and blend well. Then ass the rest of the egg white and fold in lightly with rubber spatula till well blended.
8) Pour into an ungreased 25 cm x 10 cm (10 in x 4 in) chiffon cake tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or till cake springs back when pressed with finger.
9) Remove from oven, invert cake tin and leave for 1/2 hour before transferring to a wire rack to cool.