1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the food coloring, eggs, salt and sugar until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add the milk and oil and mix well for another minute.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Slowly add it to the wet ingredients, a little at a time, stirring gently after each addition. Once all the dry ingredients have been added, stir a few more times to combine, but do not overmix. It's okay to have a few small lumps.
3. Refrigerate the batter for at least 2 hours, but it's best to let it sit overnight.
4. Preheat griddle to medium-high.
5. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake onto the grill. Cook on one side until bubbles appear and the edges are dry, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook on the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove the pancakes to a plate and place in the oven or warmer to keep them warm. Repeat to make 8 pancakes
6. Place the buffalo sausages on the griddle and cook until no longer pink in the middle, turning as they cook so that they brown evenly, about 3 minutes. If it's cooked too long, buffalo sausage gets very dry.
7. Place a buffalo sausages on top of each pancakes. Roll the pancake around the sausage. Top with maple syrup.
*Buffalo sausage can be found in specialty food stores in the frozen section, or ordered through special mail-order businesses online.
Makes 4 servings, Difficulty: Intermediate