- Dice the panchetta and sauté in a little olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Finely chop the shallot, and crush the garlic
- Once the panchetta has browned and is nice and crispy, add the shallot and garlic - allow to soften, but not to brown.
- Add the mustard, stock,cream, and peas and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Chip some sweet potatoes and fry in a little oil - I find they work better shallow fried.
- Oil the fish and add to a hot frying pan - if your fillets still have the skin, start skin side down.
- Brown the fish on both sides
To serve, place the cod fillet on the plate, spoon the sauce over the cod, and add your sweet potato chips on the side.