- in a large crock pot, empty both cans of crushed tomatoes and turn the crock pot on high.
- add all but one Tbs. of chili powder to the crushed tomatoes and mix well.
- brown the turkey meat in a pan and add it to the crock pot
- add 1Tbs. of olive oil to the same pan and pan fry the onion, mushrooms and garlic, adding them to the crock pot when they are ready
- add another Tbs. of olive oil to the pan, adding in the last Tbs. of chili powder
- brown the beef in this mixture thoroughly adding into the crock pot when done
Crock pot times will vary, but the longer you cook this, the better. I tend to cook the chili on high for a few hours, then on low for 10 hours, overnight. Don't worry if the top layer looks really dark and dry in the morning. Stir the chili a few times and inhale deeply. This is how chili should smell.