5 cups oats, toasted
1 cup coconut, toasted
1/2 cup wheat germ, toasted
1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 cup almonds, toasted
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
1 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
Juice and zest of 1 large orange
1. In a large bowl, mix oats, coconut, wheat germ, both seeds, almonds, and cardamom.
2. On the stove, heat vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, honey, butter, grapeseed oil, orange juice and zest, peanut butter and brown sugar until all sugar has dissolved.
3. Pour warm sugar mixture over oat mixture. Combine until well incorporated.
4. Add crystallized ginger, cranberries, coconut and raisins.
5. Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper. Lightly butter the parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray).
6. Spread granola into dish evenly. Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until granola has darkened in color.
7. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars. Or just break into crumbly bits!