2 chicken fillets, sliced into thin strips
Half a yellow pepper, chopped
Half a red pepper, chopped
Half an onion, chopped
150g basmati rice
500ml chicken stock
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp brown sugar
1) Marinate the chicken in the soy sauce, honey and sugar.
2) Fry the onion in a deep pan. Add all of the spices and the rice, tossing for a few minutes to coat it all.
3) Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
4) Turn the heat right down and sit the chicken pieces on top. Cover with a lid and leave to simmer for about 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the stock absorbed.
5) In the last 5-10 minutes, add the pepper to heat through before serving.