1) 200g glutinous rice flour
2) 150ml pandan juice(screwpine pandanus)or 5 drops of 'Green' food colouring
3) 3 tbs water
4) 200g palm sugar, chopped into a small cube (u can use ‘compressed’ brown sugar)
5) 1/2 tsp salt
6) 15g grated coconut
1) Combine the glutinous rice flour, pandan juice and water together, kneading well to form of smooth pliable dough.
2) Bring a pan of water (a lot) to the boil. Lower the heat so that the water simmers gently. Pinch out a small ball of dough the size of calamansi limes and roll in your palms.
3) Make a small well in the centre of the dough and fill with chopped palm sugar. Pinch the dough together to enclose, roll them gently to smoothen and, as you make them, drop them into simmering the water.
4) When the dough balls float to the top, carefully remove them with a slotted spoon and allow any excess water to drip off.
5) Drop the balls into the grated coconut and roll them around to coat evenly. Transfer to serving plate.
*Serve them right out of the kitchen and eat them while piping hot, superb with cuppa of tea. Also easy to make for any social gathering.