- 250g plain flour
- 330ml + extra spoon or two of double cream
- 50g + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp dried mixed fruit
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 50g icing sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sift the flours into a large bowl. Mix in the 2tbsp sugar and salt.
- Stir in the cream, then use your hands to knead and fold into a ball. Add more flour if necessary.
- Roll out into a long rectangle on a floured surface.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining sugar with the fruit, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spoon some more cream over the dough, then sprinkle over the sugar mixture.
- Carefully roll the dough from the long side into a cylinder and cut into 9 slices.
- Place the slices into a lined square tin and bake at 200 degrees C for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the icing sugar with the lemon juice, then drizzle over the rolls when done.