I adore this dessert. It's SO easy and tastes delicious. You can add your own twist too by adding ginger or trying different fruits and juices.
1. Put all the biscuits into a food bag, hold the end and crush the biscuits with the end of a rolling pin or something similar. Alternately, grind with the back of a large wooden spoon in a mixing bowl.
2. When you have lots of small crumbs in a mixing bowl, add the butter. I find melting it before helps this stage a lot.
3. Mix the base mixture together, to create a moist biscuit base.
4. Fill an 8" cake tin or something similar with the mixture, and press down with the back of a spoon, and leave in the fridge to set.
5. Add the cream cheese to the double cream in a mixing bowl and whisk until you have a thick, creamy mixture.
6. Add the icing sugar and lemon juice and anything else you wish to add, and mix in until smooth and thick.
7. Add on top of the biscuit base, and spread evenly.
8. Leave to set in the fridge for a few hours until the topping has set.