This a family favorite, though my daughter prefers it completely green.
- heat pot over medium-high heat
- add oil, onion, garlic and bell pepper - cook 2 min
- add ground turkey (beef, pork or chicken work as well)
- cook until browned lightly and meat cooked, aprox 5-7 minutes
- add beans, salsas, green chilies, and seasonings
- simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- remove from heat, stir in cilantro and serve
This is great served with homemade fries sprinkled with salt and chipolte powder.
The heat is in the chipolte powder, increase if you like it hot!
Can be made completely green by using green bell peppers instead of red and doubling the salsa verde & green chili powder while omitting the tomato salsa and red chili powder.