IngredientsFor the dough
- 500g flour
- 350g unsalted butter
- 5 tbsp water
For the icing
- 200g icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1-2 drop red food colouring
- Strawberry jam
- Rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips,
until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the water and knead until it
forms a soft dough. Chill the dough for 30mins.
- Roll the dough on a lightly
floured surface to 5 mmthick.
- Cut out small circles about 5 cm Ø.
- Place them on a lightly greased baking tray and
bake them in a preheated oven 180° for 8 to 10 mins or until biscuits turn
- Allow to cool down.
- When cooled spread some jam over one
biscuit and sandwich it up with another biscuit.
- Place the paired biscuits on a
- Dissolve the icing sugar with the water and add in food colouring to
obtain a pale pink colour.
- Coat the biscuits with the icing and let it set.