This is my favorite naan recipe. I suppose it's not a true naan, but nonetheless a delicious & chewy yeast-based yogurt flatbread. (For garlic naan, I melt some butter with chopped garlic and brush it over the dough before baking.)
1. In small bowl, add sugar and packet of yeast to the warm water and stir. Let hang out for 10 minutes until foamy and dissolved.
2. Combine yogurt, egg, salt and flour in larger bowl.
3. Mix yeast water in with flour stuff.
4. Work with hands to combine, and knead for five minutes or so until dough is smooth (adjust more flour or water as necessary).
6. Place dough in oiled bowl and put wet cloth over it. Let rise in a warm place for an hour or more, until it has doubled in size, ideally.
1. Pop off circles of dough about the size of your fist, and stretch them out until they are thin and oval shaped.
2. Bake on baking sheet in a 400 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes until brown.