- in a separate bowl, mix 1.5 litres of water with the chicken stock cubes
- ground garlic and onions separately into tiny bits
- sauteed ground garlic and onions in butter, in deep dish pan until fragrant (medium heat)
- mix in arborio rice and chopped asparagus, and stir until rice becomes slightly translucent (medium-high heat)
- pour in chicken stock and let the dish simmer for 10 mins (cover pan with lid) (medium heat)
- stir in mushrooms and let the dish simmer for another 10 mins (medium heat) or until rice becomes soft and ready to eat
- serve with black pepper (optional)
p.s. more garlic, onions and asparagus may be added to suit your liking. stir rice occasionally between the 10 min simmer periods to avoid them getting burnt.