I love making risotto...all the stirring, its worth it!!! Trust me...do it slow and easy, wont even take that much time...and its so jummm
- Use a thick pan if you have it. Heat up the oil and let the union and garlic simmer for a while, until glazed.
- Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon until the rice goes kind of "see-trough" a bit.
- Splash with a glass of white wine, and add the mushrooms and fennel. Stir until the wine is absorbed.
- Start adding bits of soup. Stir the rice to absorb the soup over and over again till "al dente". This will take about 25 minutes.
- When the last soup is absorbed, put in the lemmon juice, a bit of butter and the parsley. The stock is already salted, but taste to see if it needs a bit more. It will need a lot of pepper! Stir the whole thing again and, Voila!!!
- Serve with fresh grind parmesan..
Always nice to have a little salade with it. Tomatoes or babyleaf with some vinaigrette.
Once you know the way to make risotto start experimenting. Add some Spinage at the last moment...or vari with fish or chicken....and dont forget...it tastes better the second day! That makes risotto the perfect dish to prepare a day in advance!