This recipe requires no sauce, seasoning or anything of the sort - it's simply delicious salty bacon wrapped around pounded sticky rice.
Prep and cooking time are minimal. Just don't eat too many!
- Pre-soak wooden skewers in water to avoid burning.
- Cut the mochi into small rectangular pieces.
- Cut the bacon rashers in half (unless you are already using short rashers)
- Wrap the bacon around the mochi and impale on a skewer.
- Grill over coals or in a toaster oven/electric griller.
- Serve with chilled beer.
- Unless you can make your own mochi or buy it fresh made (very unlikely even in Japan), buy "pack mochi" from an asian food store. They're designed to be cooked in two ways - toasted or used in soups. I put mine in a bowl of water in the microwave for 10 minutes at high to rehydrate it and make it soft again ready for use in this recipe.