Soup of mizore:
- 500 ml of water
- instant dashi stock
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 300 grams of salmon, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons of potato starch
- 3 cm of ginger, grated
- oil for deep frying
- 1 carrot, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 of leek, cut into sections
- 6 dried monkey head mushrooms
- bunch of dried Japanese mushrooms
- 400 grams of Dikon radish, peeled and grated
- ribbon shaped dried bean curd, handful
- yuzu peel, sliced
- udon noodles
- spring onion, sliced
- Clean salmon, remove fish bones, sprinkle with ginger juice and marinate 30 minutes.
- Drain salmon, sprinkle with potato starch.
- Heat oil, deep-fry dried beancurd first and then salmon.
- Drain on paper towels to remove excess of oil.
- Cook water in a wok, dissolve dashi, add sake, mirin and soy sauce.
- Add carrots, leek and mushrooms, simmer 2 minutes.
- Add grated dikon, deep-fried salmon and dried beancurd. Simmer couple of minutes.
- Serve with yuzu kosho or shichimi - seven spice pepper & chili.
- Remaining soup can be used to cook udon noodles, garnished with yuzu peel and spring onion