This is one of my favourite soups of all time. It can be prepared quickly and kept for in the fridge for later consumption. It is a healthy vegetarian dish, excellent for weight watchers.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pot.
- Sautee onions until they turn translucent
- Add the harder veggies ie carrots and celery and cook them until soft, add the garlics. Cook for a further 1 to 2 mins till garlics start to brown slightly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, tomatoes, concentrates, cucumber and red kidney beans, water and veggie stock and bring to a boil.
- When the soup starts to boil, lower heat and let it simmer for 20 to 25 mins.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste.
To make it a full meal, add some cooked macaroni or farfalle to the serving. And there you have it, a hearty soup dish.