- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (16 ounces) package frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package mixed salad green
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese
- 3 cups slightly crushed blue corn chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 jar thick & chunky salsa
I've always had a thing for dishes involving chicken. I keep trying the classic recipes adding a little touch of my own. But I usually stick to cooking on the classic ways. Yes, this recipe has loads of potential to be toggled with, almost every salad is. But I wouldn't recommend substituting any ingredient from the list I've provided.
1. Mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
2. Heat oil in skillet.
3. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt, then sauté in pan until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
4. Combined cooked chicken, corn tomatoes, black beans, onions and red peppers in a large bowl.
5. Stir in dressing.
6. Chill at least 1 hour.
7. When ready to eat, combine chicken mixture with lettuce.
Serve along with avocados, cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa. As far a wine is concerned, I'd recommend a Bloody Mary.