- 1 Kilo of veal meat cut in dices,
- 2 onions,
- 2 carrots,
- 1 garlic head,
- 4 ripe tomatoes,
- 25 grs. of flour,
- 1 glass of white dry young wine,
- 3 big potatoes,
- 200 grs. of green peas,
- a bunch of herbs: bay leaf, thyme, oregano,
- salt and
- olive oil.
1. Fry the meat (previously add salt and pepper) in a pot with 1 finger of olive oil. Once fried, reserve the meat.
2. Have the onion and carrot chopped and add to the pot together with the garlic head, have it cooking at low heat until the onion gets transparent.Add the peeled tomatoes and the herbs. Stir and let it cook until the tomatoe is done.
3.You will see that the sauce is thicker and more homogeneous. It’s time to add the glass of wine. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add the flour to thicken a bit more the sauce.
4. Let it cook for a while (5 more minutes) and add enough water to cover all ingredients. Let it cook for 2 hours or until the meat is tender with the pot covered at low heat.
5. After that time, take the meat aside and convert all veggies into a thick sauce. Use some of the garlic cloves too. Use the electric mixer and add back to the pot with the meat.
6.Peal, wash and cut the potatoes and add them to the stew. 5 minutes before the potatoes are cooked, throw the green peas inside and let it cook for another 10 minutes. Add more salt if necessary.
Ready to eat, serve hot.
pictures picbypic in my blog. Thanks