I got this recipe at a website called La Tartine Gourmande. Instead of the dark chocolate used in the original recipe, I used regular sweet chocolate. The sweetness compliments well with the matcha. It's a bit time consuming (about 1 hour) but very easy to make. This chocolate and matcha tea blend is wonderful.
1. Melt the chocolate using a double boiler and add the unsweetened cocoa powder and milk.
2. In seperate bowl, melt the butter.
3. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. To the same bowl add eggs, sugar, and melted butter and mix well.
4. Divide the batter into two halves.
5. To the first batter add matcha tea powder and mix well.
6. To the second batter add the melted chocolate and mix well.
7. Grease 6-8 small cupcake molds and coat with a even thin layer of flour. (The flour will stick to the greased mold, invert the mold to remove any excess flour)
8. Pour half chocolate then half matcha into each mold, fill to about 3/4 full (the cake will expand as it cooks). With the back of a spoon make a swirling movement in the batter mixture. This will create a beautiful marble effect in the cake.
9. Bake in 350 F degree preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Serve with milk or unsweetened tea~