- 1 diced onion
- 1/2 a carrot sliced
- coursely chopped spinach
- coursely chopped celery and celery leaves
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- minced ginger (equal to garlic)
- boullion cube / chicken stock
- water (if using cube)
- salt and pepper
- 1 potato coursely chopped
- coriander powder
- soy sauce
- parmesan cheese
I made this to get rid of some leftover veg in the fridge. The herbs were used to mask the celery flavor since my wife isn't quite fond of it and I wanted to get rid of it.
1. Heat up oil in a pan. Add onions, garlic, and ginger sweating until translucent. Toss in the carrots, celery, and potato sweat some more until slightly soft. Finally add the spinach and mix until it wilts slightly. Season a bit with salt and pepper
2. Add in the water and the boullion cube or stock. Bring to a boil and add thyme, sage, coriander. Add more salt and pepper. Simmer until veg are soft enough to run a fork through smoothly.
3. Drizzle a bit of soy sauce and a sprinkling of parmesan. Salt and pepper to taste.