This is a Cantonese Seafood staple. Having watched members of my family cooking this dish for years I attempted it for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it was decent! (see pic).
1. Wash, de-seed and dice chillis.
2. Dice garlic (un-cloved), ginger (grated) and spring onions (washed).
1. Heat vegetable oil in a wok
2. Add diced spices, stir and allow to sizzle and release their flavours for a few minutes.
3. Add black beans and then the Mussels, stir (bottom to top, slowly and evenly..).
4. Add a few generous splashes of soy sauce, sugar and freshly boiled water - stir.
5. Allow to cook for few more minutes.
6. Add cornflour mixed with hot water as thickener if preferred.
Serve with boiled Thai fragrant rice. Enjoy!