- 2 chicken breasts, cleaned and without their skins
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of whole black peppercorns
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of bourbon
- Half a teaspoon of red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Place the breasts between two plastic sheets and flatten them till they’re like 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the chicken till it starts browning.
- Take them off the heat and shred into bite-sized pieces with a couple of forks. Don’t throw the oil in the pan.
- Reheat the oil and add the garlic, rosemary and mangoes. Cook on
low heat for two minutes or till the mango pieces start to disintegrate.
- Add the shredded chicken and peppercorns, sugar, chili powder and bourbon.
- Cover and cook for ten minutes.
- Season to taste with salt. Stir and leave on medium heat for a minute.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or peas pulav.