This is an utter joy to eat. Tender, flavourful and pretty healthy (if you ignore that tiny bit of cream...) - ensure that you get *very* fresh mackerel that is suitable for eating raw from a trustworthy fishmonger.
It really couldn't be easier. Just make it. Go on. Trust me.
- 2 mackerel (filleted, pinboned, skinned and cut into very small pieces)
- juice half a lime
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 2 teaspoons double cream
- 1/2 spring onion (finely sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped dill
- salt and pepper (for seasoning)
- 1/4 small baguette (very thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cucumber (very thinly sliced)