- 6 to 8 macadamia white chocolate cookies, crushed
- 1 TBS sugar
- 4 TBS melted butter
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup whole millk
- 3/4 cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Grease pie pan with butter and mix cookie crumbs, 1 TBS sugar and 4 TBS melted butter.
- Press mixture into pie pan and bake at 325 for 10 to 15 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- Chop nuts in food processor/blender to coarse pieces. Remove 1/4 cup for garnish.
- Continue processing remaining nuts until they reach the consistency of creamy peanut butter.
- In a saucepan, bring milk, half & half, sugar and salt to simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add macadamia nut butter to saucepan and mix until combined. Remove from heat.
- In medium sized bowl, combine yolks and cornstarch with a whisk.
- Add hot milk mixture to yolks 1 cup at a time, whisking vigorously.
- Return to saucepan. Return mixture to heat and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Mix butter and vanilla into mixture until completely blended.
- Pour custard into pie crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Top chilled pie with whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped nut pieces.