4 C textured pasta like penne, rigatoni, spirals, etc.
1 C Shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese
1 C American cheese slices, cut up
1/2 C milk
1/4 stick butter
1/4 scant C of flour
1 C fresh brocoli
1/2 C frozen peas
red pepper flakes to taste
black pepper to taste
salt to taste
1 large saucepan
1 saucepan for steaming
1. Boil your pasta al dente and drain
2. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and peas until tender.
3. In the same pot, at medium low heat add butter. Sprinkle in flour slowly while stirring to create a thin paste. Add milk slowly while stirring.
4. Stir in half of the cheese mixture until a velvety rue is created. Next add the seasonings.
5. Stir in half of the pasta until covered. Add the remaining cheese, then the remaining pasta, and finally the steamed vegetables.