- ~1.5lbs chicken thigh (you can use chicken breasts,leg fillets, wings), cut to bite-size pieces
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp salt
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1tsp sugar
- 4tbsp corn flour to coat chicken
- 2cups oil for deep frying
- 1tsp chopped garlic
- 1tsp crushed ginger
- 1can lychee, drained, syrup reserved
- 1tsp red chilli flakes
- sliced spring onion and red chilli (for garnish)
- 1 cup lychee syrup
- 2tbsps tomato sauce
- 1tbsp corn flour, mixed with 1tbsp water
1. Marinate chicken with soy sauce, salt, sesame oil and sugar for 30 mins. Roll chicken in corn flour and deep-fry till golden brown.Set aside.
2. In another pan, heat 1tbsp oil over medium fire. Stir fry garlic and ginger for 1-2mins. Add sauce ingredients, and cook till sauce thickens.
3. Add the chicken, lychees and chillies. Mix well, and allow simmer for 3-5mins.
4. Garnish and serve.