-.5 lb of Ground meat (turkey, pork, beef or whatever you have)
-5 stalks of scallions, chopped
-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-3 1cm slices of ginger, minced
-Crushed Red Pepper
-5 small carrots, sliced
-3 pieces of celery, sliced
-Cooking oil (about half a cup, to cook all
-5 leaves of green napa cabbage leaves.
1. Put meat in a large mixing bowl
2. Add scallions, ginger, garlic. Mix well.
3. Add a dash of wine, about 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, and crushed red pepper and sesame to taste. Mix well again.
4. Use hands to roll meat mixture into balls of 1-1.5 inch in diameter
5. Set meatballs aside on plate or flat surface.
6. Slice napa cabbage in half, separating stem and leaf.
7. Set leaves aside and slice stems into strips.
8. Heat oil in wok
9. Toss in carrots, fry until mostly cooked
10. Toss in celery, fry with carrots for about 2 minutes---be sure both vegetables are still crispy
11. Put cooked veggies in a bowl, allow for remaining oil to sit in wok. Put bowl aside (preferably beside wok to stay warm)
12. Boil a pot of water
13. Toss in napa leaves and let them wilt a little.
14. Carefully roll meatballs in (with oil still hot and boiling) from the side of the wok. (Note: Be sure there is adequate oil in wok so that meatballs won't stick)
15. Fry until meatball is practically brown on all sides. Break one open to see that the inside is properly cooked
16. Add napa stems, fry for about 4 mins--when the stems release some water and is wilted.
17. Take out wilted napa leaves from pot of water, place on dinner plate
18. Top with rice
19. Top with stir fried veggies
20. Surround rice with a circle of meatballs and enjoy