For an 8-inch cake tin:
- 100g creamed coconut block
- 200g self raising flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 200 butter, softened
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Grate the creamed coconut into a large mixing bowl.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, then mix in the sugar.
- Add the eggs, butter and milk. Mix until you get a soft, smooth mixture. Gently stir in the zest.
- Pour into a cake tin and bake at 190 degrees C for about half an hour.
- It will be slightly springy on top and you should be able to pull a skewer out clean.
- Prick some holes through the cake and squeeze over the lime juice evenly.
- Cool, slice and eat!