- 4 medium-sized bananas
- 200 ml sugar
- 100 g butter (room temperature)
- 3 eggs
- 500 ml plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 100 ml milk
- Heat your oven to 175°C (approx 350 F)
- Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl
- Mix in the eggs.
- Mash the bananas and mix them with the butter/sugar/eggs
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl, then pour the banana-mixture into the flour.
- Butter a caketray ( I use a round one - diameter:23 cm) and sprikle some flour in the tray to stop the cake from sticking to the tray.
- Pour in the mixture and put the cake in the middle of the oven.
- Let it bake for 40-45 minutes and it'll be a bit sticky in the middle. Another 10 or 15 minutes for a 'well-done' version.
- Let it cool and serve with a nice cup of coffee (and maybe some vanilla ice cream if you like)