1. Sweat the onions with some margarine until they get golden (not too much).
2. add the ham, sliced into little cubes
3. roast a little (not too much)
4. add carrots, potatoes, soup powder and savory
5. let the whole thing boil up and than simmer until the carrots and potatoes are done
6. add the lentils
A short time later you are done.
Cook one day before and before eating just reheat. As all stews the stew taste better after reheating another day.
- add bacon
- remove ham and use more vegetables (smallage, cabbage comes to mind)
- vary from soup to stew with the amount of water added
Best served with: Brown Bread