- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted (for topping)
- 1/3 cup sugar (also for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line mini muffin tins with paper liners (this recipe makes 2-doz.). In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
2. In a large Bowl, beat 1/4 cup softened butter and 2/3 cup sugar until well blended. Add egg; beat until smooth. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and lemon extract and lemon zest. Add flour mixture; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. The batter will be very thick...almost like cookie dough.
3. Using two spoons, drop a rounded scoops of about 1 Tbs of batter into each muffin cup. Bake 12 minutes or until barely golden. Cool in pan 3 minutes; remove from pan. While muffins are still warm, dip tops of warm muffins into melted butter and then into sugar.
4. These are best served the day they are made.