One of my favorite things to eat in the morning. It's also really good with polenta, but I was out of conrmeal and made grits (pretty similar). Easily doubled or tripled or whatever for more people, just make sure to use a larger pan for the sauce!
- Bring the cup of water to boil, well salted, for the grits.
- When the water is boiling, add the grits, bring back to a boil, then reduce to low and cover.
- Heat the soup/sauce in a shallow saute pan on medium-low heat. If necessary, add some water to provide more poaching liquid.
- Crack the eggs right into the pan, poach for about 10 minutes.
- Scoop the grits into a bowl. Stir in some cheese, if you'd like, then scoop the sauce on top, followed by the eggs. The eggs should be just a bit runny. Top with black pepper and more cheese, if desired.