- Oven Ready lasagne sheets
- 1 eggplant sliced and grilled (soak in salt water for 30 mins to remove the bitterness)
- 1 carrot chopped
- 250 gm of minced beef
- 1 large ripe tomato chopped
- 1 tbsp of tomatoes concentrate
- 1 white onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- Olive Oil
- Handful of shredded mozarell and parmesan cheese
For the bechamel
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of flour. (I used all purpose flour)
- 3 cups of milk
- 1/4 an white onion
- pepper and salt
To prepare the bechamel
- Over low heat, add the butter to the saucepan, when bubbling, add the flour and stir. Make sure they do not turn brown.
- Add milk and stir with a whisk
- Add onion, season with pepper and salt.
- Cook till you get a thick and consistent mixture.
- Set aside
To prepare the lasagne
- Grilled the eggplants
- Sautee the onions and carrots until soft
- Add the garlics and minced beef.
- Add tomatoes and tomatoe concentate
- Cook until the juices are absorbed.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste
- Scoop 1/3 of the beef mixture, spread over the bottom of the casserole dish
- Layer over with the lasagne sheets
- Spread the bechamels over the sheet and add the eggplants on top
- Add another layer of lasagne sheets
- Continue the layering process
- Top with shredded mozarella and parmesan cheese
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 40 to 45 mins.
- Cool for 10 mins before serving