- 4 medium sized Lamb Shanks
- 1 large red onion quartered
- 10 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 3 tomatoes cut in 4's
- 3 medium sized potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 large carrot
- Feta cheese cubed
- 1 tbsp oregano (fresh or dried it doesn't matter)
- 1 tbsp Mint (fresh or dried)
- 1/2pt lamb stock
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste (be careful as the Feta cheese is already salty so you probably won't need to add anymore)
This is one of my favorite Greek dish. I love this recipe because it's one of the easiest and tastiest dish that you can make. The lamb is so succulent and the meat just falls off the bone. Great served with steamed rice or salad.
1. Preheat oven 250C
2. Get a large stew pot and combine all the ingredients until the meat is evenly coated. Any deep pot is suitable for cooking the Kelftiko, just make sure that it can be tightly sealed.
3. Braise in the oven for about 3 hours, until the meat is falling off the bone.
4. That's it! Serve and enjoy...