- 125g lean lamb mince
- 100g sweet potato, diced
- Handful of ripped spinach
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- Small handful fresh coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Some olive oil
- 375g puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- Mix the cumin, paprika and turmeric with a little oil in a bowl. Add the mince and coat well.
- Heat a bit more oil in a pan and toss in the onion, followed by the mince to brown.
- Add the spinach and coriander, stirring til slightly wilted. Take off the heat and leave to cool.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface into a long rectangle. Cut into 12 squares (roughly 3").
- Spoon the cooled lamb mixture onto the centre of each square. Brush two adjacent sides with beaten egg, then fold over to form triangles, pinching the edges to seal. Prick through the top with a fork.
- Transfer the puffs onto a baking tray and brush with the remaining egg. Bake at 200 degrees C for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.